Thursday, September 9, 2010

SHINee

I like the style...don't you?
So, this morning I was thinking what my next blog will be about...and I while listening to this song that I just can't get out of my head (Lucifer by SHINee) I realized I had never written a post about MUSIC (K-pop), even thou I'm not a huge fan of K-pop I do like some catchy/pop songs... and since I really don't know much about some of the groups I actually like I decided to make a couple of posts about some of these Kpop bands.

The 1st one will be for SHINee.... I've heard a couple of songs but never really knew who they were or what their songs mean (shame...I know but as I said before...i´m not a huge fan) until recently (July) when I listened to the song LUCIFER...it's so catchy I can listen to it all day O_o has this ever happend to you???? I hate it because I find myself singing this song in my head all day :s even when I'm talking with other people.... lol

Ok, so SHINee is a contemporary R&B South Korean boy band formed by SM Entertainment in 2008, their debut was on May 25th 2008 with their promotional single, "Noonan Neomu Yeppeo (Replay)"(weird..is just the song i'm listening RIGHT NOW...). "Older Girl, You're So Pretty (Replay)". Since their debut, Shinee has won numerous awards. They have also starred in their own reality show  based on their song, "Noona Neomu Yeppeo (Replay)". The show ran from August 8, 2008 to October 16, 2008, with a total of twelve episodes. Each episode featured the band members going on a date with an older woman, after which she would chose
one member for a solo date.

Shinee is considered to be a fashion icon having started the "Shinee Trend".Shinee is known for their fashion style, created by designer Ha Sang Baek, which features high-top sneakers, skinny jeans and colorful sweaters. Their style has created a fashion trend amongst students which the media dubbed the "Shinee Trend".

Members
*Lee Jinki, better known by his stage name Onew*
*Kim Jonghyun, commonly known as Jonghyun*











*Choi Minho, commonly known as Minho*


*Kim Kibum, better known by his stage name Key*









*Lee Taemin, commonly known as Taemin*






On May 23, the group's first mini-album, Replay was released and debuted at #10 on the Korean music charts and peaked at #8, selling 17,957 copies in the first half of 2008.

Shinee released their full debut album "The Shinee World" on August 28, 2008, the first single released from the album was "Sanso Gateun Neo (Love Like Oxygen)" On October 30th 2008 they released The Shinee World as a repackaged album under the name Amigo. Included on the album were three new songs: "Forever or Never", a remix of "Sa. Gye. Han (Love Should Go On)" and the promotional single "A.Mi.Go (Amigo)" "A.Mi.Go" is a shortened version of the Korean phrase "Areumdaun Minyeorueljoahamyeon Gosaenghanda"
(Heart Aches When You Fall In Love With a Beauty), and I always thought AMIGO (Friend in spanish) was because of friendship or something like that hahahaha.

The second full length album entitled Lucifer was released on July 19, 2010 in South Korea. The music video promoting Lucifer was released the next day on July 20, 2010.

If you haven't heard this song, what are you waiting for?? It's not a "deep" song with meaningfull lyrics,,,,it's just Catchy, sort of like "Ops! I did it again" back in the days hehe.

Here's some of Lucifer's translation

Even if I try to avoid you, I can’t find a place to hide
I’m trapped by you, who I can’t even deny
If it was love, if you really loved me, don’t do this to me
Her whisper is the Lucifer *If you tie me down and trap me
Then the love is also tied down
The future is also tied down
It can’t grow anymore
Freely empty yourself and look at me
I’ll fill you only, I’ll completely fill you only
Your undeniable spell is the Lucifer
Your undeniable magic is the Lucifer
When I approach you
With your angelic face
Say the reason you live is for me
Say it
When I first saw you, I stopped for a short time
As if someone was tightly seizing my heart, not letting it go (Still)
You took all, all, all, all, all, all of my heart just like that
You make my heart burn out when you’re not here

Anyways,,,,If there's another Kpop band that you think Is worth listening let me know and maybe that could be the next post!

-Gisela V.

2 comments:

  1. You need to listen to BIG BANG because they are so worth it and talented and amazing! I'm glad you're interested in kpop. :) But yeah, listen to Haru Haru by BIG BANG; the MV is so amazing! Okay, that's all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!, I'll make sure to check Big Bang :)

    ReplyDelete