Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kimchi!!!!

Kim-whaaaat?!!!!

According to Wiki...Kimchi is a traditional Korean fermented dish made of vegetables with varied seasonings.
It is most commonly made with napa cabbage and other vegetables such as radish, green onion, chive, and cucumber.
Kimchi is the most common banchan, or side dish, in Korean cuisine.
So here's Gisela's Mexican Version of Kimchi
(I don't want to offend anyone with this recipe since I know there are over 100 different recipes so here's mine)

Ingredients

Napa Cabbage
spring onions 
Radish
Garlic
Fish Sauce
Chilli Powder
Ginger
Ajinomoto
Water
Sea Salt

Wash the Cabbage and cut it or separate the leaves
Slice the Radish, and chop the onions, garlic and ginger.
In a Large bowl or cacerole put the watter and salt and then put the cabbage and let rest in for 5 to 7 days (in the freezer
or if you are in a cold water it can stay outside,,,covered ofcourse!)
After those 5 to 7 days take it out and put a layer of cabagge, garlic, chilli powder, onion, ginger, fish sauce, radish
and so on until you finish with all the ingredients and it has to go back to the freezer for 2 to 3 days more.
Then you can take it out and enjoy!! :)

It has to look like this...


-Gisela V.

ps. Check this put ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u5wxbGWB7Q

4 comments:

  1. Hola, Gisela.
    Since you are interested in Korean food, I recommend you to check the following websites for recipes.
    - www.hansik.org
    "hansik" means Korean food. This website is run by the Korean governmenet to promote Korean food.
    - http://www.trifood.com/food.html
    several recipes in English.

    BTW, I'd like to tell you that those Korean restaurants in D.F. do NOT resemble real Korean food. I'm really sad that I cannot recommend you any of them. IMHO, Youngbin-gwan(영빈관) on Florencia and Jangwon(장원) are less "bad" than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey

    Thanks for the Websites :)
    I knew it wasnt quite the REAL DEAL but it gave me an idea of what Korean Food is,,,I'll have to go check out Youngbin-gwan(영빈관)and Jangwon(장원)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lol I found your blog interesting, can I scrap it? I'll source your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    glad u liked it!, ofcourse u can :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete